Cyberwurx statement on the COVID-19 pandemic
In light of the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic happening throughout the world, we have decided to make some temporary changes to our on-site staffing procedures. For over 20 years Cyberwurx has prided ourselves in providing 24/7 on-site staff in our facility, however the unprecedented nature of the coronavirus pandemic has caused us to place the health and safety of our on-site engineers first. As a result, we will be implementing the following temporary changes to our on-site and remote hands availability:
- We will continue to have 24/7 support as our SysAdmins will be increasing work-from-home hours. However, per the CDC guidelines, for the next 8 weeks we will be reducing our on-site staff to absolute minimums and, in some cases, the facility may be unmanned for periods of up to 4 hours.
- For our Managed and Unmanaged customers, this should not largely affect your service. There may be longer delays for some tasks, especially those requiring hardware changes. We strongly recommend that you contact our support team prior to performing this work so that we can coordinate minimal downtime for you.
- For our Colocation customers, our facility will continue to be open and available for you for on-site visits. However, as we will have periods without on-site staff to provide you access, we ask that you submit your Facility Access Authorization requests as early as possible so that we can verify our techs will be on-site to allow you access. We cannot guarantee physical access without prior confirmation of your visit.
We greatly appreciate your understanding of these temporary changes as we work to protect the health and safety of our staff.
We have been closely monitoring the ongoing situation regarding the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic over the past weeks as it has developed. We wrote to you previously regarding some changes to our on-site staffing procedures in light of this threat, and wanted to give you an update as further changes may again affect our response times for your service.
Firstly, we are happy to say that this time all of our staff have avoided contact with any confirmed cases and are not at immediate risk of infection. A few of our engineers suffer from seasonal allergies and we are being extra precautious to prevent any of our team from contracting COVID-19, but our team remains healthy.
As the number of cases in Georgia continues to rise, we are taking further steps to prevent our staff from potentially contracting the disease. In accordance with various shelter-in-place orders put out by the City of Atlanta, Fulton County, and the State of Georgia, we will be further limiting our on-site staff to absolute minimums. Our plan is as follows:
- We continue to have engineers working remotely and can provide support via email or ticket 24 hours a day. Our remote staff are not able to field phone calls, and so we continue to require that any and all questions or support requests be submitted either via ticket in the Customer Center, or to our support email address.
- Although we are attempting to have 1 person present at the facility 24 hours a day, we have contingencies to reduce this to, at minimum, only having 1 tech on-site for 8 hours on certain days if this situation takes a turn for the worse. We continue to try and limit unmanned periods to continue to be no greater than 4 hour blocks during weekdays.
- At this time our weekend schedule is largely unchanged, however as this situation develops we may have longer unmanned periods during those days. In the event of critical emergencies during weekend hours, we will have techs on-call to travel to the facility for you.
- We again ask that you limit any remote hands requests to critical work only, and we strongly suggest coordinating any work ahead of time so that we can schedule this being done for you. We will do our best to perform any remote hands work in a timely manner, but please understand that any unplanned remote hands work may be delayed.
- Our facility continues to be open and available for on-site visits. We again recommend coordinating this ahead of time as early as possible via a Facility Access Authorization ticket so that we can verify we will have a tech on-site to grant you access.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions regarding these changes. We thank you for your understanding during these unprecedented times, and wish you and your family good health as we get through this together.